The Department of Educational Administration (EDA) in the School of Education and Health Sciences at the University of Dayton is pleased to announce an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) faculty position to begin on August 16, 2018. EDA has partnered with 2U, a nationally prominent online education provider, to power and support our online programs. This partnership provides the EDA with a greatly enhanced online infrastructure to create a seamless student experience and significantly extend the scope and reach of our graduate programs. EDA offerings include master’s and doctoral programs in educational leadership and licensing programs for principals, superintendents, and curriculum directors. Position responsibilities include, but not are necessarily limited to, teaching five graduate-level courses per academic year, developing and implementing a research agenda, curriculum development, advising graduate students, and chair dissertations-in-practice, assessment of learning outcomes, and service to the department, university, community and profession. This is a nine-month position; opportunities for summer teaching are typically available. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the development and success of EDA through teaching (face-to-face, hybrid, and online), research, and service. An essential responsibility of this position will be to assist in developing an Ed.D. program in conjunction with our 2U partner. This position also provides the opportunity to engage in school and community partnerships, which may require off-site travel.
The University of Dayton is committed to the recruitment, hiring and promotion of outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community. In support of this commitment, the University is pleased to provide support for spouses of prospective and newly hired faculty. The dual career program serves as a resource and support system and is not intended to take the place of one’s own job search efforts. While we cannot guarantee placement, we serve as an effective support system for your spouse. Information can be found at http://www.udayton.edu/hr/employee_resources/dual_career_resources.php
- Earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. in P-12 Administration, Higher Education Leadership, Organizational Leadership, or a terminal degree in a related field;
- Demonstrable record of successful university teaching experience in the U.S. at the graduate level;
- Ability to teach a variety of educational administration courses at the master’s and doctoral levels including advanced expertise in one of the following: assessment, curriculum development, diversity, ethics, organizational leadership, program evaluation, quantitative research methods, or school finance;
- Articulation of a research agenda in one of the following fields: Educational Leadership, Higher Education, or Organizational Leadership;
- Demonstrable record of employing diverse pedagogies in a learner centered environment, whether in-person or online.
- Experience developing and delivering online, distance and hybrid courses through a variety of media;
- Demonstrated, successful experience working with diverse student populations at the graduate level;
- Successful experience working collaboratively with various constituents in higher education communities, such as professional associations (ex. UCEA, SSHE, OCPEA), and school-community relations;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to teach doctoral courses, and serve and/or chair dissertation practice committees;
- Three or more years of successful teaching and/ or administrative experience in P-12 or higher education;
- Affinity for the values central to Marianist education including diversity and social justice;
- Openness to promoting and enhancing the Catholic Marianist culture of the Department and University.
- Demonstrated successful experience with the 2U platform of online education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three (3) references (one of which should speak to the applicant’s teaching ability/quality), transcripts of highest completed degree, recent teaching evaluations, please upload to Other Document, samples of recent publications (if available), please upload to Other Document 2, and statement of a research agenda not to exceed 500 words, please upload to Statement of Research. Please combine all pages to be uploaded (teaching evaluations, samples of recent publications) into one document not to exceed 9MB. Only one document can be uploaded into each document type.