Faculty, Tenure Track - Teacher Education, Special Education
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
Utah Valley University is seeking two tenure track faculty members to teach in the Department of Secondary Education in the Teacher Education, Special Education program. This position teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in Special Education as well as other related courses. Performs clinical supervision of students in fieldwork and student teaching. Serves the college and community. Develops positive relationships with colleagues and public school teachers and administrators. Produces scholarly work and follows professional and ethical standards. Attends assigned meetings and maintains office hours.
Graduation from an accredited institution with terminal, earned degree appropriate to discipline. ABD accepted. Knowledge and skill in current instructional theories, strategies, techniques, and discipline content. Evidence of potential for scholarly/creative work consistent with a teaching university. See preferred qualifications for discipline or program-specific minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience in teaching courses in special education and related fields.
- Knowledge of current instructional theory, methods, strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of student management, motivation, and evaluation techniques.
- Skills in interpersonal relationships, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Skills in conducting research, quantitative reasoning, and writing which results in scholarly work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a diverse group.
- Ability to apply technology in classroom teaching.
- Ability to implement and teach lower and upper division students a wide variety of evidence-based curriculum, assessments, and interventions.
- Ability to commit to evening courses on occasion.
- Ability to adapt to current trends in field.
In addition to minimum qualifications and terminal degree in hand at the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester, prefer three years of successful PK-12 Special Education teaching. Experience with embedded teacher preparation programs, working with students on the autism spectrum, collaborating with public education partners. Knowledge and understanding of national standards and research in special education and autism. Demonstrated experience and commitment to university and public school partnerships.
Continuous ability to see, hear, and speak. Frequently standing, sitting, and walking.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
You may be eligible for a 3 credit hour or 1 class tuition waiver after 6 consecutive months of employment and a minimum of 475 hours worked. Dependents do not qualify for a waiver.
FAC22518 Secondary Education Faculty 11/30/2018
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/9090
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.