SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Faculty)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Teaching and Learning
Budget Title: Assistant Professor
Local Title: Assistant Professor of Special Education – Specialization in ASD
Posting Date: October 23, 2018
The Department of Teaching & Learning at the State University of New York at New Paltz invites applications for a faculty position in Special Education to begin Fall 2019. This is full-time tenure track position in Special Education that requires specialization in the area of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
The successful candidate will serve as the lead instructor and advisor in the newly designed college-wide interdisciplinary graduate program in the area of ASD. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in our Special Education teacher preparation program (e.g., inclusive education, behavioral and/or instructional assessment, behavior management), supervise field experiences, and engage in research and other scholarly activities. The successful candidate will also be expected to advise students and provide service to the school, university and community.
The successful candidate must:
● Hold a doctorate in Special Education, Psychology, BCBA-D, or related field (ABD near completion may be considered)
● Hold national BCBA certification
● Have an established (or developing) record of teaching, research, and scholarly achievements
● Have professional/teaching experience with students with ASD
● Have experience in school-based and/or community-based interventions
Preference will be given to candidates who:
● Hold or are eligible for New York state BCBA certification
● Have strong research and teaching skills related to evidence-based practices for students with ASD
● Have professional experiences with high-needs or urban schools
Electronic submissions required.
Applicants will be required to submit a cover letter that includes a description of teaching philosophy and research agenda, CV, and contact information of three professional references. References provided will be sent a link to upload a letter of recommendation.
Please apply by visiting: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/954
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications accepted until the position is filled, priority given to those received by 1/16/19.
Other important information about this vacancy:
This position offers full NYS benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the nation.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.