The University at Buffalo (UB) Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP)
seeks to hire a Program Coordinator to oversee student recruitment and programming. The Program Coordinator will establish, cultivate, and steward relationships with internal and external partners as appropriate to further the mission of UB STEP. This position reports to the STEP Director.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Recruit and retain student participants
- Develop and implement academic courses, research, and mentoring activities
- Create and organize student programs
- Provide academic and personal advisement to student participants
- Outreach to parents and community stakeholders to build collaborative partnerships
- Manage a caseload of students
We invite individuals to apply whose perspectives and experiences will enrich and strengthen our organization. The Science and Technology Entry Program serves a diverse constituency of patrons, and our employees, services and policies strive to honor and reflect this diversity. We encourage candidates who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment to apply.
The Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) is a grant funded program that prepares secondary school students (in grades 7 to 12), who are either economically disadvantaged or historically underrepresented for entry into college and improves their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health-related fields and licensed professions. For further information please visit our website at: https://www.buffalo.edu/cpmc/step/about.html
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field
- One or more years of teaching or counseling experience
- Experience working with underrepresented populations and /or afterschool programs.
- Experience with lesson planning, classroom management and the use of data in practice.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.