Nazarbayev University (NU) - located in Astana, Kazakhstan - is an international, English-medium institution, created with the support of leading university partners around the world. Due to expansion, Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education (NUGSE) is recruiting two full-time Postdoctoral Research Scholars with an interest in one of the following areas: School Education, Higher Education, Multilingual Education, or Inclusive Education. Postdoctoral Scholar Positions are advanced academic research positions, where scholars conduct a specified programme of research supported by research training under the supervision and direction of an experienced faculty member. Limited teaching will also be part of the portfolio of activities. The positions are offered on a 2-year contract basis, renewable subject to performance once only. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until positions are filled.
The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced research skills and show competences in (1) the processes of publication in peer-reviewed academic journals (SJR), (2) dissemination of scholarly works, (3) the development of funding proposals in the field of education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct a specified programme of education research and scholarship under the supervision of your faculty mentor;
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by your faculty mentor, your School or Institute, or the University;
- Engage in teaching, consultations, tutoring and writing support activities as designated by the School;
- Initiate and support, as required, the development of proposals for research funding;
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged;
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the School;
- Mentor and assist research graduate students in the Graduate School of Education.
- Carry out administrative and management duties associated with your programme of research.
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed based on how well candidates meet the following essential and desirable criteria.
- PhD in Education or related field (e.g., educational psychology or social sciences).
- Demonstrated understanding of the operational requirements for a successful research project and management of resources.
- Knowledge and application of the principles underpinning successful grant applications.
- Proven ability to identify and fulfil the academic writing requirements for target publications.
- Proven record of working with team members and postgraduate students to help build their research skills and knowledge to support and guide their professional development.
- Ability to independently generate new ideas and links and build upon existing ideas to generate unique concepts and solutions.
- Sound knowledge of research ethics as applied to educational settings
Applied quantitative research knowledge and skills;
Applied qualitative research knowledge and skills;
Knowledge and ability to work across disciplines and sub-fields.
Further Information for Candidates
Salary: An internationally competitive salary is offered.
Job status: Full-time.
Required Documents for Application
- Motivation letter.
- Up-to-date CV.
- Two reference letters.
- Copies of qualifications.
Shortlisted candidates will be subject to our standard recruitment procedures which will include an interview, background check, and vetting of qualifications.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online before October 30, 2022 at https://smrtr.io/bPny6
Early application is encouraged as applications will be considered on a rolling basis and positions may be filled before the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact Person & Informal Enquiries about the Post
Michael Makoelle, PhD, Vice Dean for Research Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education Email: email@example.com